Privacy and Cookies Statement for Accommodation Providers
We respect the privacy of our customers and the people we work with. We value the trust placed in us and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information given to us.
BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) (PV 108510) provides online registration and an extranet facility (the “Extranet”) for accommodation providers. When they complete the online registration process, accommodation providers in all the countries sign up with BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) .
This Privacy and Cookies Statement for Accommodation associates, which we update from time to time, describes how BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) uses and processes personal information obtained in the course of the registration process and through the extranet.
What kinds of personal information does BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) collect through the Extranet?
In order to register an accommodation premises, BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) asks for the names and contact details (email, fax and phone) of the owners, those providing the lodging or their legislative body. Such data may be considered personal information. Once a registration has been concluded and an accommodation location has been accepted, access is granted to the Extranet. When using the Extranet, BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) collects such information as IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, application versions, language settings and page visits.
Why does BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) collect, use and share personal information?
- Registration and account administration. Here BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) uses personal information to list your property and to allow you and BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) to administer and manage your property account. If you haven’t finalized the online registration, we may email you a reminder to prolong with the registration. We believe that this supplementary service is useful to our accommodation partners because it allows them to carry on with the registration without having to fill in all the registration particulars from scratch. Reminder emails include an unsubscribe option that you can use if you don’t want us to send you any more messages.
- Communications. BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) also uses personal details to send essential emails, faxes and SMS messages about reservations. These necessary communications to the selected contact persons include, reservation confirmations, reservation cancellations, requests from potential or existing accommodation associates, follow-ups to bookers’ requests and information about new features and services on the Extranet and on your property’s webpage.
- BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) offers accommodation providers various means to communicate with its guests. Accommodation providers can contact BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) to forward information or questions about reservations to guests or directly communicate with a guest by use of alias emails, which always include BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) as a recipient. BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) may access communications and uses computerized systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud preclusion; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide guests with information and offers that we believe may be of attention to them; and customer or technical support.
- Analytics, improvements and research. We use personal information to notify our accommodation providers about possible improvements that can be made to their property’s arrangement and in how they use the Extranet. We also invite our accommodation providers to take part in surveys, such as market research, and to analyze how to improve the user experience, functionality and value of our Extranet, property presentation and services.
- Fraud detection and prevention. We need to have personal information in order to prevent fraud and other illegal or violating activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud and to facilitate action where necessary. We reserve the right – when legally necessary or strictly required – to disclose personal information in relation to our accommodation providers to law enforcement authorities, investigative organizations and other entities of the Priceline Corporate Group of which BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) is a part.
Note that property information, including the name of the property, will be used in accordance with the General Delivery Terms as part of the separately executed Accommodation Agreement. By sharing other people’s personal data in relation to your property, you verify that these individuals have agreed to have their personal data shared with and used by BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) in accordance with this policy.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is located in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. First-party cookies are cookies which are served by the entity operating the domain through which the cookie is served. BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) own cookies are therefore first-party cookies. If we allow others to serve cookies through the BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) websites and apps, these cookies are called third-party cookies. There is also a difference between session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies will only survive until you close your browser. Permanent cookies have a longer lifetime and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve cookies or allow the serving of cookies with a maximum lifetime of 5 years. Only in special circumstances, such as for security purposes and where absolutely necessary, will a cookie have a longer lifespan.
Besides cookies, other comparable tracking technologies are also used. These can include web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs or gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs). A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be delivered to your computer as part of a web page request, in an app, in an advertisement or in an HTML email message. Pixels can be used to retrieve information from your device, such as your device type or operating system, IP address, and time of visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser. Tracking URLs are used to understand how referring websites lead users to the BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) websites or apps. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
All these technologies are together referred to hereafter as “cookies”.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be known as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognized by the website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are dissimilar types of cookie, and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their purpose, their lifetime, and according to who places them on a website.
We try to give our users an advanced and user-friendly website in accordance with their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to enable it to function correctly, create your account, sign you in and manage your property’s bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively. For example, we remember your preferred language. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our accommodation partners use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and mobile platforms, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you viewed, which referring/exit pages you entered and left from, which platform type you used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times you click on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity and the text you type while using our website.
- Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as going through the registration process.
What are your choices?
To find out more about cookies and how to administer or delete them, you can visit allaboutcookies.org. In the settings for browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can choose which cookies to agree to and which to reject. Where you can find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the Help segment of your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain technical and/or functional cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. We currently do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings. If a common standard is later developed which defines what exactly is meant by “Do Not Track” browser signals, we will review this policy.
- Advertising. When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to only work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of behavioural advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer. To opt out of an NAI member's behavioural advertising programme, simply tick the box that corresponds to the company you wish to opt out of. You may also want to visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.youradchoices.com to learn how to opt out of customised advertisement. Your mobile device may allow you to limit the sharing of information for retargeting purposes through its settings. Please be aware that opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network you opted out of will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
- Analytics. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (only for desktop).
What security procedures does BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) have in place to safeguard your personal information?
In accordance with data protection laws in Sri Lanka, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
How can you control the personal information you have given to BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com)?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us, using the email address stated below. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write to us using the contact details listed below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law in Sri Lanka.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal information on the BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) Extranet?
BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) controls the processing of personal information collected from the Extranet. BookingNights PVT LTD (hoteldeals.lk / findmyhoteldeals.com) is a private, limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Sri Lanka and has its offices at No.352, New Negombo Road, Wattala, Sri Lanka. If you have any suggestions, requests or comments about privacy, personal data and how we handle personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .